Something Big: The Complete A&M Years...And More

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Something Big: The Complete A&M Years...And More

Post by mark »

Hip-O Select has begun taking preorders for its long awaited Bacharach box set, Something Big: The Complete A&M Years...And More. The five-disc set, which will be released on Nov. 5, features in their entirety each of Burt's solo albums for A&M in addition to his Kapp recordings and several rare and previously unreleased tracks.

I'm excited about finally having Burt Bacharach, Living Together, Futures, Woman and the live album on CD in remastered clarity, but there are few true rarities on the set and I'm disappointed they were apparently unable to license the Burt and the Backbeats single "Move It On the Backbeat," which I've never heard. And at $89.98, it's not cheap.

I still plan on purchasing it, however.
Last edited by mark on Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Mark;

Great news!!! I have already placed my order!

There are a few gems that I don't have in my collections.

I will view this as a collectors item.

Mark thanks again.

P.S. Send me an email about the idea I had! 8)
Take care;

Vincent
nateybird

$89 is about right.

Post by nateybird »

I have purchased a number of box sets. the price on this one is about right for a 5-disc, especially given it is a limited pressing with fancy packaging. (i just want the music! LOL)

also, in my reply to the gentleman seeking a copy of "futures" on cd, and my dilemma over that '75 stephanie mills album, i made mention that both these single disc cds are upwards of $100.

so, the fact that this set contains "futures" means that you are actually saving a few bucks and getting 4 extra discs than purchasing "futures" alone on import!

Awesome!
I (heart) burt!

Post by Guest »

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/jazz/detail/-/l ... um/2093989

JAZZ TRIBUTE TO DIONNE with a lot of B&D songs