Burt's contemporaries

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Burt's contemporaries

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I wonder how many of Burt's contemporaries are touring the world giving concerts of only their songs and music?

I think the answer to this proves beyond a doubt how far above everyone else Burt is as a true composer of great, inspiring and everlasting music.
Dennis Webb

Re: Burt's Contemporaries

Post by Dennis Webb »

Your question makes me wonder whether Britain's Tony Hatch is still composing new songs and/or touring. He came to prominence in Britain about the same time Burt began to be famous both here and over there; and he was often compared to Burt.

Anyone know what Tony Hatch has done over the last decade or two?

Post by Guest »

Asked about pop works he liked, Burt mentioned Hatch and an album (or record) of his. I can't recall what it was, but I wd know if I read the name.
I remember it made for a strange sentece, like "I like Tony Hatch and that song/album "Nobody Knows." Could this be the one, or am I dreaming?
gabba

one...

Post by gabba »

one of them is Ennio Morricone...

Post by Guest »

maybe burt's just trying to get away from those young kids
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Burt's Contemporaries

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Dennis Webb wrote:Your question makes me wonder whether Britain's Tony Hatch is still composing new songs and/or touring. He came to prominence in Britain about the same time Burt began to be famous both here and over there; and he was often compared to Burt.

Anyone know what Tony Hatch has done over the last decade or two?
I remember Tony Hatch. I'm pretty sure that amongst his hits was the worldwide smash hit "Downtown" sung by Petula Clark.

Post by Guest »

I don't know, but I'd like to find that album Burt speaks of that he loves.
He loves the arrangements by Johnny Mandel. I think the singers name was Dave Allen, and the disc is from the 1950's.