OK, Here` Part of It

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

OK, Here` Part of It

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Carol Klein
For those who don't know and don't get the reference of our new member KleinCarol: Carol Klein is the singer-songwriter Carole King's real name. She was born Carol Joan Klein (in 1942). She took the stage name "Carole King". (She added the "e" to her first name.)
mark
Site Admin

Re: OK, Here` Part of It

Post by mark »

Thanks Blair. After looking at the user's registration info, I don't think it's a real person. The user registered and posted two minutes later and that was the last time they were ever on the board. More glaringly, they've got a spam link in their signature, which is a clear giveaway. Rather than post spam links in the content of messages, the bots got smarter and started posting spam links in signatures in the hope that they could evade filters that way. The actual comments the bots post tend to be very generic. In "Carole's" case, her one and only comment was "Thanks a lot for the info posted! Twas very interesting for me to read the stuff. Hope to find some more interesting information within the board;)"

That screams bot. Can't explain the username other than maybe a coincidence?

(And while I don't know what was going on on the board back then, I saw your comment at the top of the thread about my being on vacation. You were right! My daughter was a month and a half old at the time, so I was little distracted :wink: )

(She celebrated her 11th birthday on Sunday, by the way :D )

(Happy Fourth of July to those celebrating today!)