Kennedy Center Honors: Dionne Warwick

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

Kennedy Center Honors: Dionne Warwick

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Dionne will be amongst the five honorees at the Kennedy Center Honors on 03 December, 2023 just a few days before she turns 83. Other honorees include Renèe Fleming, Barry Gibb, Billy Crystal, and Queen Latifah. The host of the 46th annual award show will be none other than Gloria Estefan.
blueonblue

Re: Kennedy Center Honors: Dionne Warwick

Post by blueonblue »

Congrats to Dionne !

It's a great shame Burt and Hal never got the honour, but it is what it is I guess. :?

'blue'
Jim Dixon

Post by Jim Dixon »

It's a great shame Burt and Hal never got the honour, but it is what it is I guess.
That reminds me of the time the board of the Pulitzer prize ignored the jury recommendation to give the prize to Duke Ellington and just awarded no music prize that year.

It says a lot more about the nature of theses prizes and awards than it does about the artistic worth of Duke Ellington, or, in this case, Burt Bacharach.
Arthur56

Post by Arthur56 »

Hello,

This is great news! Dionne Warwick truly deserves this recognition for her incredible contribution to music. The list of honorees is impressive, and the fact that Gloria Estefan is hosting the event adds even more interest to the evening.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Bruce Bernard Williams:

For many years I anticipated the "triumvirate" (Burt, Hal and Dionne) would be recognized for their inimitable contributions. ... With the passing of Hal David I thought it might be Bacharach and Warwick. ... Sure enough - the same year as Burt's passing - Dionne is finally recognized and deservedly so!
This is so much more appropriate than her multiple failed candidacies for the "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame"...... Looking forward to this segment of the Kennedy Center Honors with the hope that Burt & Hal will be apprpriately recognized along with Dionne Warwick!

Ron