Bacharach Live in NJ ... twice!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

AprilFoolJeanne

Bacharach Live in NJ ... twice!

Post by AprilFoolJeanne »

The Friday and Saturday performances by Burt Bacharach, his three outstanding singers and incredibly talented musicians were SPECTACULAR! Each night the audience was treated to music spanning Mr. Bacharach's 50 year songwriting career, with audience members singing along to Hal David's familiar lyrics.
Singers Donna Taylor, John Pagano and Josie James blended their voices together perfectly for several medleys, but also sang individual numbers effortlessly, leaving the audience spellbound.
An especially lovely composition from the movie 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' titled, 'Come Touch the Sun', was performed by brass musicians Tom Ehlen and Dennis Wilson. I didn't want the song to end.
Another highlight during the concerts was a lively rendition of 'My Little Red Book', which was performed by Bill Contas.
As all Bacharach fans are aware, Burt's music style is unique, his arrangements are flawless and he displays a sincere desire to spread compassion and love, especially when he sings 'Alfie'. Fortunately, this great man continues to share his incredible gift with us.
P.S. A shout out to Burt's fan in S.C. for informing me about the Bacharach concerts in N.J.
vincent.cole

Re: Bacharach Live in NJ ... twice!

Post by vincent.cole »

Jeanne I am so glad that you and your husband were able to attend both performances!

I was able to catch the Burt Concert in Durham North Carolina on Wednesday, March 4, 2015.

Just want to add 3 items to your report.

• John Pagano’s performance of, “Windows of The World”. Singing and playing Guitar!
• Josie James daughter Marlyse Martinez playing the Violin! By the way, Marlyse has a Master’s Degree from Eastman School of Music and plays with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra!
• Getting backstage to the Green Room and Dressing Room to meet Burt and his band members!

Oh, as Louie said in Casablanca, “Round up the usual suspects”. Bonkersforburt was @ the show along with another fan, Martha, who I last saw in Raleigh NC I believe in 2004.

Take care Mon amie!

Vincent