Sting -- but not Burt

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Sting -- but not Burt

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Here we go again. It's very upsetting, but I try not to let it get me down. I know that it bothers Carol Bayer Sager, too, because she mentioned it in that private concert that Burt and Carol gave. Once again the Kennedy Center Honors will give out their honors this year to Al Green, Tom Hanks, Patricia McBride, Sting and Lily Tomlin.

Sting gets it, but Burt is skipped over again.

Sting has had more of an impact on modern music than Burt Bacharach?

What a joke.
Djalma Junior

Re: Sting -- but not Burt

Post by Djalma Junior »

Burt is skipped over again?

It's a big joke (bad joke).
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Words fail.........

"blue"
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

Sting once rented Burt's house in Pacific Palisades, and cut down two of his palm trees. He got more than a message in a bottle....
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

It`s not just the increasingly worthless Kennedy "awards" snubbing Burt.
Sting now has a musical on Broadway; one begun no more than a year or so ago and now in full production with (unsurprisingly) mediocre reviews.
Jimmy Webb and Burt are still waiting.
Rather than rant against those gate-keepers, we should see these establishments for what they are and share the music we know with friends and colleagues.
Why, WHY do so many here want to see an "honor" bestowed upon the likes of Sting and Elton John shared with Burt?
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

I agree Blair. These awards are meaningless and nothing to get hot under the collar about. However, from what we know of BB's attitude to awards from his autobiography it probably does bother him when he's overlooked for something.