A great voice silenced

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

grooverider

A great voice silenced

Post by grooverider »

LInda Ronstadt has just announced that she has Parkinson's Disease saying "No one with Parkinson's can sing". Hard to imagine that legendary, once-you-hear-it, you know it's her voice, being silenced. What a career, encompassing so many different genres, few have even attempted. Her album, "Winter Light" has two Bacharach/David songs, "Anyone Who had A Heart" and here, "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself":

Last edited by grooverider on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Martin Johnson

Re: A great voice silenced

Post by Martin Johnson »

I believe her last recording was a duet with songwriter Jimmy Webb of his hit song 'All I Know', from his 2010 album 'Just Across the River'. It was poignant then...........

BachtoBacharach

Re: A great voice silenced

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Linda is a class act and truly among the most talented and versatile singers of all time. My favorite singer along with Dionne Warwick. Linda is a true legend who didn't sell herself out and I so admire her for that. True to her art and respectful of her own legacy until the end of her singing career and a big fan of both Warwick and Bacharach/David. She knew when to gracefully bow out. I am sad that she is suffering from Parkinson's and wish her the best.