release??

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

release??

Post by guest »

whats burts latest release..and when will he release new material?
rasputin

New release for Burt?

Post by rasputin »

On the recent Marian McPartland PIANO JAZZ special, Burt did, in fact, intimate to Marion that he was creating a new album of (drumroll, please!) all originals! 8)

He didn't specify when it was to be released, though. Usually nice products like this get released around the end of October... in time for holiday purchases.

Can't wait! :D

D.
Central Texas, USA

Post by Guest »

Me neither. I live for that day.
A while back I read that the idea was to have it launched in May in England.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

When I had a chance to talk to Burt (however briefly) in San Diego last August, he said he'd only recorded four things for the Sony UK solo project and that it was a long way from completion. In another interview (can't remember where) I think I remember reading it wouldn't be out until fall 2005 at the earliest.

I had a talk with one of Burt's band members even before this project was announced and he said that Burt is constantly writing new, adventurous material but that he more or less relegates it to the back burner when more commerical projects come along (eg the Ron Isley record). He did say that as Burt gets older, he might be more inclined to record a collection of music with no regard to commercial appeal, which is what this Sony UK project seems to be.

PS: I'm back from Italy.

Post by Guest »

regarding the last post..."as he gets older he might consider recording something without commercial appeal..."
It's about time...