searching for cd/video/dvd

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

barry draper

searching for cd/video/dvd

Post by barry draper »

Hi
For some time I have been trying to get hold of a copy of a tv special which appeared at some stage during the 1970s. It featured Burt and the Fifth Dimension recording songs for the soundtrack of Lost Horizon. It may be lost in the ether now but if anyone knows how I could get a copy of the special or an audio recording of it I would appreciate hearing from you.
Barry Draper
Melbourne Australia.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I believe it's available at the Museum for Television and Radio in New York City. I mean, it's available for viewing. However, maybe they make copies, but I'm not sure. The number there is (212) 621-6800. When I went there, I saw a whole bunch of Burt's shows from the 70's (the Kraft Music specials he had done), but I don't recall if I saw the show you're talking about or not. It was more than just a few years ago.

I do remember, if I think back, LIVING for those shows to air. If they only had invented the VCR then!!! :-)