Wow Dionne LPs on MySpace .. all the Scepter LPs . ..

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

igtmfo33

Wow Dionne LPs on MySpace .. all the Scepter LPs . ..

Post by igtmfo33 »

I wonder how MySpace.com survives nowadays.. with all the wonderful music on tap there for free . I hope they find ways to monetize it ...

I'm very thankful for that site, as so many LPs from the magical 60s-70s era of music are there to listen at no cost. If you have broadband highspeed internet I guess ... even on dialup maybe ..

A few days ago I thought I would see how many of Dionne's/Burt's magical Scepter LPs are on there.

If you look up Dionne Warwick and then click her Albums, you don't get but a few. You might give up.

But I think if you look up "music" first" and then Dionne .. then you get something ..

Here you get 60 Dionne LPs .. not only all of her Scepter LPs to listen to for free, but "Dionne" her first Warner Bros. LP, etc. and later LPs .. ..

And if you are a Burt junkie, man what huge expense to actually purchase the Scepter LPs at this point on CD or otherwise .. forget that

So anyway click and enjoy the following:

http://www.myspace.com/search/Music?q=d ... rch&page=2

All you wise cats have discovered this I'm sure, but ...

I just post this for certain cats that gave up navigating MySpace for Burt .. but on this link are all her LPs.

Makes me mad that MySpace could have hidden stuff like this .. but what pleasure to find this wonderful treasure ...
blueonblue

Re: Wow Dionne LPs on MySpace .. all the Scepter LPs . ..

Post by blueonblue »

Those Scepter recordings will never be equalled....Dionne, Burt and Hal at the height of their
powers.......pure gold !!!

"blue"
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Yes Blue .. incredible, one after the other .. amazing output.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Fortunately those master tapes from the Scepter years were preserved and the remastered CD's of all this great material far exceeds the quality of those original inferior Scepter vinyl pressings. ................. As they were slowly re-released on CD over the past 10 to 15 years the subtle nuances of those great recordings were revealed. ............ Once again - I would highly recommend the 4 Rhino Handmade limited edition CD's containing 7 complete Scepter albums along with a substantial number of "bonus tracks"!
igtmfo33

Post by igtmfo33 »

Oh yeah, so that MySpace gets a little money, may I ask that folks please click on the Amazon link to purchase those albums! ... (sorry I have them all already ... )

It would be nice to listen to them on your stereo. So buy some and keep this resource going. :)

Honestly I should just send a big check to MySpace as thanks for all the free classic LPs I've listened to there.

A very worthy cause ...