Michael Jackson Producers Reject Burt Bacharach Arrangement

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Michael Jackson Producers Reject Burt Bacharach Arrangement

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

November 9, 2010

From: http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/11/09/mi ... r-new-song

In our continuing series on the making of Michael Jackson‘s forthcoming “Michael” album:

Producers of the album–including co-executor John McClain–sent Burt Bacharach a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio called “All I Need.”

The legendary writer-producer went into the studio and added strings, etc. to the track. But it didn’t sound right, sources tell me, and was ultimately rejected. “All I Need,” in some form, may wind up on another album of unreleased Jackson songs. But it won’t be on “Michael.”

Also not on “Michael” is the Paul Anka song, “Love Never Felt So Good.” I guess the Jackson estate paid out enough money to Anka in the last year for writing “This Is It.”

The “Michael” album is not quite finalized, I’m told, but will have to be by Friday. Right now there are three “Cascio” tracks including “Breaking News.” Fans are complaining about “Breaking News” on the Jackson website because it doesn’t sound right to them. Folks, it really is Michael singing on that song. The finished version on the album may sound more like him. Part of the problem may have been in the uploading to the website.

“Breaking News” only streams through Sunday. On Monday, the first actual single is released–with Akon–called “Hold My Hand.”

I’ve heard a lot of the tracks, and I can tell you–they are by Michael. Michael’s nephew, Taryll Jackson, knows that, too. Despite his campaign to discredit the album, Taryll was around when the tracks were being put together. More will come out about this soon.

Conspiracy theories are fun, but buying into them is just going to cheat true Michael Jackson fans out of a great experience. “Michael” is shaping up to be a very solid project.
Dionnefan

Re: Michael Jackson Producers Reject Burt Bacharach Arrangement

Post by Dionnefan »

From what I understand, Michael did some background work for Carol Bayer Sager in the early eighties. I think Burt was probably involved, but I'm not too sure. I don't really know how well Burt knew Jackson. Of course Dionne was friendly with MJ, but I don't know how that transferred to Burt. I actually could see Michael singing some of the old Burt classics. MJ was very versatile and underrated as a vocalist.
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Dionnefan, Michael Jackson sang background vocals on the track, "Just Friends" from Carole Bayer Sager's 1981 album, "Sometimes Late At night". Burt Bacharach produced the track (and co-produced the majority of the album) and arranged the strings and also played piano. I believe that track is the only (released) song that all three of them participated on.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Michael did some recognizable background vocals on Carole's Burt Bacharach/Carole Bayer Sager album/CD entitled "Sometimes Late At Night". .... As previously stated in this forum - this is a favorite of mine even though Carole's vocals are thin (she's singing her stuff and I really like it!) ............. Reminds me of the Bacharach/Sager performance of the entire album plus other songs at the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles in the 80's which I attended. ..... It was a really special event in a very intimate nightclub setting .... Just learned after reading Dionne's book that she attended that night as well!
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Voilà:

http://idolator.com/5705602/listen-to-t ... all-i-need

Thanks Davide Bonori for the link

Grazie Davide!

Ciao
Bye
Roberto