I (heart) Burt...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

linda76

I (heart) Burt...

Post by linda76 »

I've been lurking on these boards for a long time now but I thought I would post just to say hi. In the last few months I have been subtly bombarded with Bacharach stuff... starting with a Christmas gift of a CD that was some ooold "Dionne Warrick sings Burt Bacharach" (what a great set for the ears!), and most recently I bought a DVD box set by A&E that has hours of information about the Brill building, Tin Pan Alley, the '50's-'70's.... and there's a full feature on Burt himself, as well as Dionne. Oh my, I think Burt is charming to watch :wink: and his talking voice is fabulous... besides the music of course....

So I've been a dormant fan for a while but lately I've been seeing his name infiltrating my daily life, without even trying, lol..... like watching Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" and the couple at the restaurant starts talking about the letter B and what do you know, they're talking about Burt Bacharach... :P

I think Burt is always lurking in my life, I've just noticed it more in the last little while. I'm starting to pay attention -- perhaps I'm starting to wake up.

Thanks for listening, I do enjoy reading all of your posts.

Linda
-29 yrs old
-married, with a two-yr old
-big Carpenters fan
-Canadian!!
~a tin pan fan~