Songwriter/Singer

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

songwriter

Songwriter/Singer

Post by songwriter »

Hello all, I am a 27 year old male singer from Miami, Florida. I would love to collaborate with Burt Bacharach. Not sure how to. Anyways, I am also looking for a record label. My site is http://www.alexvera.com
You can also email me at alexvera@alexvera.com

Post by Guest »

What do you think your chances really are of being an unknown and having the greatest songwriter who ever lived contact you to collaborate with you on writing songs?

REALITY CHECK!!

jut trying

Post by guest »

well, this songwriter is just trying to get a chance. who knows? maybe he´s got talent, have you read about Diane Warren beginnings? look at her now.

singer

Post by guest »

Sorry, he´s singer, not a songwriter, similar reply.....

Re: jut trying

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:well, this songwriter is just trying to get a chance. who knows? maybe he´s got talent, have you read about Diane Warren beginnings? look at her now.
I love Diane Warren. She's one of the greatest songwriters ever. But when she was starting out, and when she was totally unknown, did some great songwriter write songs with her? For example, did she post a note on a bulletin board and expect, say, Jimmy Webb or Burt Bacharach or Brian Wilson to start writing songs with her? No, of course not. She had to make a name for herself first. That was my point. And I certainly didn't intend to mean that this person won't eventually be great. But I do think it's ridiculous to think that, at this time, Burt Bacharach of all people will start a professional collaboration with this beginner in the business.

Ms Diane Warren

Post by guest »

Diane Warren told that standing on her knees she asked Cher to record her song "If I could turn back time", Cher had refused that song several times, at last she recorded it, it was a great hit for Cher and also for Diane, since then almost all the great stars wanted to record Diane Warren´s songs, the rest is known story.....Every songwriter (or singer) looks for a chance the way he (or she) considers it will work, or the way he/she is able to.

Re: Ms Diane Warren

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:Diane Warren told that standing on her knees she asked Cher to record her song "If I could turn back time", Cher had refused that song several times, at last she recorded it, it was a great hit for Cher and also for Diane, since then almost all the great stars wanted to record Diane Warren´s songs, the rest is known story.....Every songwriter (or singer) looks for a chance the way he (or she) considers it will work, or the way he/she is able to.
Diane Warren's first hit was with Debarge when they sang Warren's "Rhythm of the Night". By the time Cher sang "If I Could Turn Back Time", Diane Warren was a well known songwriter.

Anyhow, that's not even the issue. The issue is that a totally unknown and amateur songwriter expects someone like Burt Bacharach to start collaborating with him/her. It's silly and ridiculous. It would be like someone coming to New York in 1955, a totally unknown, and expecting Richard Rodgers to starting writing songs with him/her.

well

Post by guest »

OK, he´s unknown, he has few chances to work with Bacharach, I agree, sure he knows that, he´s just trying to get an opportunity.