Wonderful video of DW doing Alfie last weekend in Amsterdam

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

Re: Wonderful video of DW doing Alfie last weekend in Amsterdam

Post by nowmedical »

Nice, but reminds me of Frank Sinatra when he got older. He used to delay his delivery so much that he was almost a whole line behind at times.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

lol, nOw medical.........I guess its called interpetation, but I understand what youre saying...

Steveo
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Disagree with you on this one, nowmedical...What Ms. W. has lost in vocal largesse (just made that up, cool huh?!?) she more than makes up for in the way she absolutely inhabits the 'characters' in these songs--take a look at the 'I'll Never Fall in Love Again' clip, it's as if she she's giving quiet advice to a friend!--as any great actor does. So much greater than the overblown nonsense that passes for pop singing on weekly TV!

Hey to you, Steveo!

Best to Bacharachians,

Jerry
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I thought it was okay, but it brushed the jazz vocal realm where in this instance particularly I was reminded of and missed Carmen McRae.
MarkusFlavius

Post by MarkusFlavius »

When you think about how many times Dionne has sung this song in her concerts, I was impressed that she found yet another way to inhabit that wonderful tune. To me, she is amazing!
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hi to my friend Jerry!

Steveo
hedi01

Post by hedi01 »

I must admit that "House MDhouse md dvd 1-6" addict. If you're so good (and I make this assumption, if you read this), I think the fifth grey's anatomy dvdseason was

written some of the best and most creative, to cast zumba dvdthe dynamics of the show,

FOX has yet to put out there. One of the four swalt disney dvd

easons, however, ET. AL. Suffice it to say that I give six stars to this one tree hill dvd

DVD.I truly believe that next season the house is the greatest episodes yet.
gabba

Post by gabba »

i'm very sorry to hear Mrs warwick in such a bad shape....she cannot afford anymore to sing a song of this entity and importance...with due respect to her and to you fans....to me she was the best and listen to her this way,tryin' to cover the "wounds" of the age...it is simply sad....bye Gabba