hall of fame

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

brownguy76

hall of fame

Post by brownguy76 »

when oh when will Burt, Hal and Dionne get the long overdue recognition from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame??? Word has it that had Dionne not found second wind in the late 70's and 80's, and just stuck to her catologue of Bacharach-David hits, she would have been in already. I dare say she is more deserving than Dusty, and just as deserving as Gladys ...who are both in the Hall of Fame already. And if such is true (that Dionne's chances dwindled because of her later years catalogue), why then has Bacharach and David been bypassed as well??? Shame, shame, shame!

brownguy76
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

How right you are! Most of us here have discussed this in the past and we all agree with you, of course, that Burt, Hal & Dionne belong in the Hall of Fame.

As far as I'm concerned, until the 3 of them get in, it's the "Hall of Shame!"

And while I'm at it: Another shameful thing, as far as I'm concerned, is that the 3 of them haven't been honored with The Kennedy Center Honors... yet they'll give it to Elton John!

*gags and throws up!*

rock hall of fame

Post by guest »

I agree that Burt/Hal & Dionne should be in the r&r hall of fame, I think that Dusty Springfield´s induction was well deserved. There are many excellent artists who still didn´t get that recognition, it took a long time for Gene Pitney and Brenda Lee to be there.
linda76

Post by linda76 »

Is there someone we can petition and/or pester to get something done about this?

Linda
~a tin pan fan~

Post by Guest »

This is directly from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame website:

"All aspects of the induction process are handled by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. It can be reached at 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10104. The Foundation does not have e-mail available."

I suppose a letter writing campaign would speed things up. Obviously the work of Burt Bacharach and Hal David stands firmly on its own. However, pointing out that inductees Elvis Costello, Gladys Knight, Gene Pitney, The Shirelles, and Dusty Springfield all owe some of their success to Burt and Hal, couldn't hurt.
Jim Dixon

Re: hall of fame

Post by Jim Dixon »

So Dionne's in now.

There's not much I care less about than the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but anything that reminds people of how great Dionne Warwick is, is fine by me.

If only those judges would sit down and listen to "My Little Red Book" and "Promise Her Anything", they'd recognize what rock and roll animals Burt and Hal were at heart.