a message from dionne (from her homepage)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

GehVorbei

a message from dionne (from her homepage)

Post by GehVorbei »

2/5/2005

hello everybody,

today brings a bit of sadness to my heart. as you all may well know by now, we lost one of our icons, ossie davis. he was a personal friend and mentor of mine, and will be missed deeply by so many who had the opportunity, as i did, to know him, and those who were privileged to have seen his body of work in film and on stage.

i worked with him in my very first film "slaves", and he was such a giving, loving, kind man to me then and throughout the years of our friendship. i am sure we all send our deep condolences to his family, and especially to his precious wife ruby dee.

it seems we just said "happy new year", and we are moving swiftly through february already.

i am on my way to nigeria today, and will be going to bormio italy to sing the song that i recorded with an italian artist, mariella nava, entitled "it's forever". the song was chosen to represent the winter games in bormio, and we will be performing it at the closing ceremonies. i might even find a bit of time to do a little, and i do mean little, bit of skiing while i am there.

i want to wish all of you a wonderful valentines day, and i hope the loved ones that you will celebrate with will feel this love throughout the entire year.

well, i've got to go now, and will let you know what's on the horizon in a few weeks.

take good care

dionne