Discovery Of Brand New Bacharach Composition

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

brucewms

Discovery Of Brand New Bacharach Composition

Post by brucewms »

I decided to drop by Borders last night after my workshop to browse around and happened upon a CD entitled "Last Quarter Moon" by a new recording artist in the person of Chiara Civello. She is an extremely gifted jazz singer as is noted on the cellophane wrapper by Burt Bacharach, Cyndi Lauper, and Tony Bennett. She performs a beautiful song written by she and Burt titled "Trouble". The pianist on this cut (Larry Golding) is remarkably reminiscent of Burt's piano stylings. The entire album is truly great-it is laid back and smooth with a few songs sung in Portuguese. I highly recommend this CD to all of you Bacharach afficionados. Another Bacharach song I discovered recently is on the CD from Marilyn Scott's "Take Me With You" issued by Warner Brothers. The title of that cut is "Let Me Be The One" and is just simply magnificent! It was released in 1996 and is probably hard to find. How I was introduced to the music of Marilyn Scott was that I was again browsing and saw another one of her CD's that was digitally recorded and, me preferring material that is digitally recorded as opposed to material that is recorded analogically, I bought it on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed the entire album and went searching for other CD's by Marilyn and purchased them anyway despite that they were recorded on analog equipment. The only Bacharach digital recording that I am aware of is his OST of "Isn't She Great" and it sounds soooo crisp and clear. I was hoping that Burt's collaboration with Ron Isley (since that project was recorded "live" in the studio with no overdubs) would be recorded live to two-track digital for a more richer and sonic sound. Here's hoping that there will be some material recorded in the digital domain (DDD) from Burt in the near future!
Chris M.

Re: Discovery Of Brand New Bacharach Composition

Post by Chris M. »

brucewms wrote:The title of that cut is "Let Me Be The One" and is just simply magnificent!
Are you sure this isn't the song written by Roger Nichols and Paul Williams?
brucewms

Re: Discovery Of Brand New Bacharach Composition

Post by brucewms »

Chris M. wrote:
brucewms wrote:The title of that cut is "Let Me Be The One" and is just simply magnificent!
Are you sure this isn't the song written by Roger Nichols and Paul Williams?
According to the inside booklet of the CD, the Words and music are credited to Burt Bacharach, Taja Seville and Denise Rich. This song sounds unmistakenbly Bacharachish! Here are just some of the words from that song: "All my life I've been searching for a soul like mine
Never found it, never knew it
But it's the love I've been waiting for
Always hoping, always wanting
Someone I trust to unlock the door"
I hope that this clears up any doubt that this is the same song that was once performed by the Carpenters years ago.

"Trouble" and "Let Me Be the One"

Post by Guest »

Both songs can be purchased from iTunes for 99 cents...