Monterey Peninsula

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

CC

Monterey Peninsula

Post by CC »

Just got my A&M collection...I had never heard "Monterey Peninsula" before...now I can't stop playing it...I think it may have surpassed my all-time favorites of "Freefall" and "Nikki". Is this on any previously released albums?

Post by Guest »

yup
It's on one of Burt's early 70's albums...great instrumental!!!
Thanks for writing it Burt.
vincent.cole

Reply: CC

Post by vincent.cole »

:D

"Monterey Peninsula" is taken from the, 'Living Together' CD.

You will see this in the Album on page 35.
Take care;

Vincent
Rio

Post by Rio »

Please visit this site to listen to my favorite version of that song -- it's Burt live.

http://www.john-gates.com/audio/audio1.html#vegas

Please let me know what you think.
CC

Post by CC »

WOW! It's beautiful..thank you for sharing it. It really incorporates every one of the "Bacharach sounds"....A nice, slow interlude there in the middle with that amazing build to the end... Fantastic. OK, that settles it; it's now my favorite Burt piece ever.
Marcel

Monterey Peninsula

Post by Marcel »

This is one of my favorites of the instrumental versions of BURT songs.
Why? because of the very strong elements in his way of music.
Monterey, Summer of `77, Magadalena, Freefall,Wives and Lovers, New York Lady all great compositions!
Listen also to Another spring will rise.
A very gifted musician: BURT BACHARACH :D

Post by Guest »

Listening to the John gates file(drummer for Burt) of Monterey
Peninsula, it's amazing that it was able to be preformed..it sounds like it
was a very difficult chart, but they had the right conductor!
:D
Alvina

Thanks Rio

Post by Alvina »

WOW!!! That was a great way to start my day. I added that link to my favorites. It was that year I believe that I first saw Burt in concert at The Diplomat resort in Hallendale(Miami). I did see Charlie Chiorenza's name on the list of musicians. I wonder if anyone knows what he is doing now and if he is well. He was so kind to the 3 of us back then introducing us to Burt and Anthony Newley who was appearing with Burt. The three being my sis and a girlfriend who actually was the one that knew Charlie. In any case your link brought back some lovely memories. Thanks.