We need a good mid-70's to the present collection!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nateybird

We need a good mid-70's to the present collection!

Post by nateybird »

OK ...so I have two bacharach box sets, the "look of love" and the "something big a&m years." I also have the double-disc "rare bacharach 1." These collections are great, but focus largely on the sixties and early seventies... (barring the inclusion of "futures" and "woman" on "something big" and a scant few songs on the other collections)

I would like a nice remastered collection of the soundtrack work and scattered songs of new material bacharach wrote and cowrote during the mid seventies to the present! Wouldn't it be awesome if the Arthur soundtracks, Isn't She Great?, and songs by artists like Neil Diamond, Carol Bayer Sager, Stephanie Mills, EWF, The Pips, etc. etc. would all be remastered and rereleased?

This stuff has been very elusive and most of it is scattered over so many different formats and artists it is impossible for a fan like me to keep track of. That is why it would be nice if someone with more resources and information at a label like Rhino or Hippo would undertake such a project!

humbly,
nate b.
I (heart) burt!

Post by Guest »

It would be nice to have the Together? soundtrack included.
I would love to listen again to the intro to the Oscars 2000 and the gorgeous new song for Promises, Promises, showcased at City Center in the late 1990s.