Night Shift Soundtrack Info

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Night Shift Soundtrack Info

Post by Guest »

Hello, this is my first post here. I need some info on two tracks from the Night Shift Soundtrack. Before i begin, are there still copies around of the soundtrack? I like ot purchase that.

Anyhow i use iTunes and have purchased all the songs of the soundtrack individually except for two of then which i cant find. They are Street Talk and That's What Friends are For (Instrumental). Does anyone know where i could get a hold of these tracks? I would like to finish a CD and give it to my father as a gift.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Victor
Keith

Night Shift

Post by Keith »

Victor:

I was lucky enough to have a friend who is a sound engineer transfer the S/T from Night Shift from vinyl to CD. The quality is excellent and I would be happy to make a copy of it for you. Contact me at keithinoc@aol.com. Both songs you are seeking are included.

Happy Holidays,

Keith
tom from staten island

instrumental of "That's What Friends Are For"

Post by tom from staten island »

in the late 1990's a CD was released called "Music From Ron Howard Films". On this release was the instrumental version of "That's What Friends Are For" from Ron Howard's movie NIGHT SHIFT. Unfortunately, it is out-of-print at this moment and can't be readily found. Since I'm at work, I don't have much more information about the CD itself. Later at home, I'll dig up more information like what record label released it and when.
tom from staten island

more information

Post by tom from staten island »

the exact ame of the CD was "PASSIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS - Soundtracks From Films of Director Ron Howard" It was released in 1997 by Milan Entertainment, distributed by BMG. It was an American release - not an import. It also has music from Cocoon, Splash, Backdraft, Apollo 13, and other fine films. I hope this helps.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Don't forget, too, that Hip-O Select included this track on its "Something Big" Bacharach box-set that was released just recently.