Jagger on Alfie + Wynonna doing Bacharach?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Jagger on Alfie + Wynonna doing Bacharach?

Post by Guest »

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonS ... 95539.html

Even so, [Jagger] and former Eurythmics member Stewart put an awful lot into the project. Over the course of a year, the pair collaborated on the score, penning a handful of songs - including the single Old Habits Die Hard and Blind Leading the Blind, with that line Shyer loves - along with much of the incidental music for the film. While Jagger takes the lead on several songs, he lets teenage soul phenom Joss Stone handle the Burt Bacharach/Hal David title cut.

"It's a very complicated song, Alfie. All I could remember was the first line. But actually, when you hear it, it's very convoluted and goes all over the place. I'm glad I didn't have to do it,'' he laughed.

=====
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04306/404814.stm

Wynonna

U2's Bono, she says, once told her that entertainers have to give fans what they want, not what the entertainer wants. But on "What the World Needs Now is Love," Wynonna is everywhere at once satisfying her spiritual and creative needs. The entertainer continues to explore her own desires on the tour, which stops Wednesday at the Benedum.

"It's not what people might expect," she says. "I'm doing Burt Bacharach, Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, Melissa Etheridge and Tina Turner. I'm really singing the blues. I guess I just want to be myself and be paid for it. I'm not looking for No. 1 records anymore, although I love the party. I just want to be understood."

Post by Guest »

DO you know what she's talking about when she says she's been singing Bacharach? Is that just Anyone Who Had A Heart live with Burt?
The title song of her album is not a reference to a Bacharach song (not directly, I mean), but to another song with the same title that she recorded for the CD, right?