Burt's Atlanta stop

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Clyde

Burt's Atlanta stop

Post by Clyde »

I am very pumped by scoring 2 tickets to the Atlanta show in early April '05 - great seats with much anticipation. Any idea what the show will have - song list, etc..? He will be with the Atlanta Synphony - it is my first Burt show - have just loved his music for years!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Each show has some slight variation, but it's basically one he's been doing since the mid-90s. It consists of extended medleys punctuated by several full-length songs that serve as solo spotlights for each of his three vocalists. It's a substantial show and it comprises a truly amazing number of songs. While some people would prefer to hear full-length versions of all his songs, it's just not feasible given the number of classics Burt obviously feels an obligation to perform. I think the format is an ingenius, economical, expertly paced way to showcase his catalog.

Seeing Burt in concert with a symphony orchestra is the best way to see him. His small band is good, but there's no substitute for real strings.

Have fun!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Someone once asked me what I would do if I won the Powerball Lottery. I said that I'd fly to every Burt Bacharach concert, that's what I'd do!
Clyde

Atlanta stop

Post by Clyde »

Mark
Very well said my friend - can't wait for the show!