Bacharach / San Diego Symphony

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Ron

Bacharach / San Diego Symphony

Post by Ron »

What an evening! Just returned home following Burt's performance with the San Diego Symphony / Summer Pops outdoors series on the shores of San Diego Bay. Burt's been a part of this series many times and a few years ago he and Dionne performed together. I know many of you attended as well (including our webmaster Mark)

I'll simply launch the subject by stating that Burt performed with the same level of energy as when I first saw him 35 years ago and was better than ever. This performance (if properly recorded) was worthy of being released as a "live performance CD" Let's hear from the rest of you who were in attendance!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Certainly, Josie James’ rendition of Anyone Who Has A Heart had to be the solo highlight of the evening. The Austin Powers theme exit music was a nice touch, as well.
ron

Post by ron »

That along with John Pagano's solo on "God Give Me Strength" Also did anyone pick up on the similarities between John Pagano's and David Elliott's (Dionne's oldest son) vocals on "That's What Friends Are For" ??? David toured with his Mother for the past year or so and performed it with her.

Post by Guest »

Was this performance also maily filled with medleys or were there more full versions than usual?
Thanks.

Post by Guest »

The usual suspects. The Greatest Hits Medley. The Film Score Medley (including The April Fools). The First Four Hits Medley (Tower Of Strength, The Blob, Magic Moments, Story Of My Life). Extended versions of the aforementioned Anyone Who Had A Heart, God Give Me Strength, and Close To You, That’s What Friend Are For. But an evening of Bacharach medleys is better than most others evenings of full versions. A Magical evening to be sure.