I need Burt's Publishing People... so I can record covers

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

rasputin

I need Burt's Publishing People... so I can record covers

Post by rasputin »

I wish to record an album of covers of Burt's songs. I've never recorded a cover before...

I need to get all the Mechanical Rights details sorted out now so all may be paid appropriately.

Whom do I approach? Is it The Harry Fox Agency?

Do I give them a list of songs I wish to record... Or must I negotiate separate contracts per each song? Are the per-song rates the same for every Burt number... or do they vary? Can all this business be conducted online? Or do they send me hardcopy by snailmail?

Thanks... ras
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Since I see you've received no replies, I wanted to offer a bit of friendly advice, based on my own experience of trying to drum up interest in a Bacharach-related project...

This is a Fan Site, not really a music business Q&A. It isn't that people who frequent this site don't know the answers to your queries---God knows, there are some incredible musical minds who frequent the page!---but, I've come to find, and truly appreciate that this is a site where people express their love & admiration for Burt Bacharach...his music, his collaborators, the far-reaching influence of his work, and most importantly, the optimism & humanity of The Man and His Music.

Many of us come to this website as a sort of oasis...musical, or otherwise!

A great site to have your questions answered is the ASCAP homesite. There are many which cater to composers/creators such as yourself.

I wish you well. Really, all of us here do!
rasputin

Post by rasputin »

Thanks. Of course it is. Can't hurt to ask. I just feared the ASCAP site would be so huge and abstruse that I might get lost in it; I wanted to cut-to-the-chase.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I think Warner Bros. Music owns a lot of Burt's songs now...split publishing, I believe....but anyway you could try contacting them.
Steveo

P.S. Hello to Jerry!
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

You, as well, Steveo! Cheers!!!