Together video clip

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Roberto Pinardi

Together video clip

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

bye
Rob
blueonblue

"TOGETHER"

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Roberto,
Wonderful video......never seen this before !
It must be from about 1980....vastly underrated score !
Never released on CD....why ?

Many Thanks,
"blue"
cipus

Post by cipus »

Here is a demonstration of the great value of the artist, also in his not better period of professional life. Thanks, great Pino, for this wonderful gift. I love this song and the other famous one of the same cd by the interpretation of Michael MacDonald, that in the finale, like a surprise, close whit the notes of " i don't need you anymore ". Bye also to Davide Bonori who discovered to me these sentimental song.
Hello friends here some photos from Forli' concert 2006 of Burt and from Milan concert 2007 of Dionne with Claudio, Antonella, Valentina and some friends and singers.
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Hi Roberto, I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this clip of one of the best interpreters of Bacharach-David material, indeed, one of the best, period. I have been a fan of Miss DeShannon and seeing and listening to this song, which is just wonderful, has been thrilling, to say the least. Can you tell us where this clip was taken from. Was it one of Burt's tv specials? What a thrill to see them performing together, oh the chemistry!

Miss DeShannon, of course, is an excellent songwriter in her own right, but it gives me goosebumps to hear her sing any Bacharach-David compositions and her versions of Jimmy Webb songs are magnificent, too.
Many thanks for a wonderful clip.
Roberto Pinardi

Together clip 2

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Hi Roberto--

This clip was taken from an American Bandstand appearance back in about
1979. I remember I had just taken my first VCR out of the box...hooked it
up, and decided to try it out. Jackie & Burt were on American Bandstand
that day, & this was my very first recording. Since I too am a huge Jackie
D fan, I decided to keep the tape rather than erase it.

I have another song from this same show called "Find Love." Since you
enjoyed this clip so much, I'll try to put up the other song this weekend.
Look for it.

Warm regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim

Bye
Rob
blueonblue

FIND LOVE..........

Post by blueonblue »

Sensational stuff......it just doesn't get any better than this !!!!!

Thank you for sharing, :D
"blue"
Dennis Webb

Re: Together Video Clip

Post by Dennis Webb »

Roberto,

A million thanks to you for posting this! This is one of my top ten BB compositions, and it's not even easy to find it in audio. Now here is this absolutely wonderful live performance from 1979. I wish this were available somewhere commercially.

-Dennis Webb
Werner

together live songs

Post by Werner »

WOW! this is really great material, and a very underrated soundtrack indeed! are tese the only two songs Burt played at that show? Burt at his best! Werner from the Netherlands.