What is Burt's Correct Age?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Martyn

What is Burt's Correct Age?

Post by Martyn »

Can anyone tell me if Burt is 78 or 79? Was he born in 1929 or 1928? As we know his bios either say one or the other. And, would you believe, his age was reported on the TV here in Australia last week as being 80! Someone told me the other night on the phone.

If anyone can clear up the confusion that would be appreciated.

Martyn.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Martyn,
It is really hard to say, unless one has access to Burt's vital records
(which I think are a matter of public record)...I think there's an earlier post regarding this, (about a year ago or so) where someone looked up his birth in Kansas City, and published the document on here.
May I say that Hollywood always has a habit of making the star a bit younger than they actually are in their bios...Television superstar of the 1950's Jimmy Dodd (Walt Disney-"Mickey Mouse Club" host) was actually a few years older than his reported age-perhaps 5 years...so it is and was with a lot of major stars...sorry I can't answer your question on the spot here, but look up that earlier post...

Steveo
Last edited by steveo_1965 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

A couple of years ago in response to this issue, a British fan sent me a copy he had obtained of Burt's birth certificate which showed his birth year as 1928. I'm pretty satisfied that's the correct year.