Class Action Suit

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Litigationman

Class Action Suit

Post by Litigationman »

I am thinking of starting a class action civil suit against Burt Bacharach and Hal David. An entire generation of woman (and probably a few men) grew up thinking that if the guy goes, life ends. These messages were repeatedly instilled into our collective consciousness. Not only were these messages enforced by the lyrics listed below but then re-enforced by some highly contagious, often unforgettable tunes, demanding repeated listening. It is my belief that these messages are the cause of a wide-spread epidemic of severe neuroses and have seriously impeded our ability to have healthy self images and relationships. Who’s on board? I have purposely sited lyrics from some of the more obscure David/Bacharach tunes in order to make the point how far reaching the effects are. Don’t even get me started on the popular songs... (if not I’ll just…die)! There isn't a court in the land that wouldn't rule in favor of the plantiffs.

If I’m Not There When You Call… I Will Die…
-Window Wishing-

I Would Sooner… Die Than Let You Go.
-How Can I Hurt You-

You’ve Got To Love Me, If You Don’t Love Me… I’ll Dieâ€￾
-The Beginning of Loneliness-

I Need Him, If He Doesn’t Come Back I Know I Will Surely… Die.
-Another Night-

He’d Say Goodbye and I would…Die.
-Let Me Be Lonely-

For Without Your Love Everything Is Gone.
-Who Is Gonna Love Me-

I Can’t Live Without His Love.
-Let Me Go To Him-

It Is Only In Real Life That A Girl Has To Cry
-Walk Little Dolly-

PS: This is totally tongue in cheek.