You've Got It All Wrong

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

KeithBurke

You've Got It All Wrong

Post by KeithBurke »

"With Promises Promises about to be resurrected as part of New York City Center's "Encores!" series, the two men (Bacharach and David) had an opportunity to write a situational song with more bite than a latter-day Dionne Warwick assignment would allow.
Unfortunately the Martin Short-led revival was short-lived and no new cast album or commercially available recording ever appeared. The best of the four Bacharach-David tunes from the last two decades remains a fantastic voice-and-piano demo, clandestinely circulated among collectors".
Bacharach says about the song: "We wrote a new song for the Promises Promises revival in New York, "I Think You've Got It Wrong" (sic). I thought that was terrific, and we never would've written it if Neil Simon hadn't said 'We need another song here. Put it in' " Source: Song By Song by Serene Dominic.

So...at the risk of calling another meeting of The Society of the Mostly Misinformed, Unbelievably Ungrateful and Chronically Critical to order...here is it (flaws and all):

I Think You've Got It All Wrong (Demo Recording):
Last edited by KeithBurke on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vincent.cole

Reply: KeithBurke

Post by vincent.cole »

KeithBurke;

Who is the lady singing on this song?
Take care;

Vincent
blueonblue

you've got it all wrong

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Keith,
Beautiful song "pure Bacharach" !!!