Chris Botti on working with Burt

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Rio

Chris Botti on working with Burt

Post by Rio »

Sometimes things are as they should be.
-----
http://www.oregonlive.com/printer/print ... xml&coll=7

One trumpeter's musical influences
Friday, April 21, 2006
The Oregonian

Trumpeter Chris Botti's career has included work -- initially as sideman, but increasingly as co-star -- with some of the most illustrious artists in the music world. We asked him for some quick comments on a few of the stars in his personal firmament.

Paul Simon: "That's a tough one. He gave me my first glimpse of touring the world, put me in a band with such great, great players -- Michael Brecker, Steve Gadd, guys at that level. And he inspired me to work on arranging my own music in way that really makes it about the emotion of the song. . . . You see people, like Mick Jagger, who are just rock stars. And they can go out and really grab an audience with that presence. He doesn't have that rock-star ability. But he can walk out onstage and really move an audience in a way that those other guys often can't."

Joni Mitchell: "One of the most inventive, creative people I've ever met, and just a wonderful person to be around. I'm in awe of her."

Natalie Merchant: "Fun. That was a pretty brief time on that project, so I didn't get to know her that well, but I have a lot of respect for the way she sings. I think she's really underrated."

Burt Bacharach: "To be onstage (for a recent concert taping for a PBS special) and have all those great artists with me, and to be able to perform his beautiful music, with him as a part of it, is the single biggest highlight of my career."

Sting: "What can I say? Sting has been just the greatest guy in my life. People think that it was (appearing on) Oprah that made me a success, but really it was Sting. To get the worldwide platform I got on tour with him, and to make the kind of connections -- everything about that experience was just unbelievable. And he's helped me out immensely since I left his band, as well."

-- Marty Hughley

©2006 The Oregonian
Roberto Pinardi

great and attention!!!!!!

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

visti:

bye
ciao
roberto :lol: