SINATRA BACHARACH

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

san jose

SINATRA BACHARACH

Post by san jose »

i wonder why to this day FRANKIE BLUE EYES SINATRA never recorded any OF BURT S MUSIC
BECAUSE THE TWO TOGETHER COULD HAVE REVOLUTIONIZED THE CONCEPT OF BEAUTY IN MUSIC!!!!!!
ol FRANKIE was the best ever voice i ve heard!!!!
shame
SAUL
FRANCE
Steve Schenck

burt and sinatra

Post by Steve Schenck »

I read some years ago that Sinatra did not record much - if any - bacharach tunes because he found them too hard to sing. His style, sliding from one note to the next, couldn't easily accommodate burt's penchant for big interval changes from note to note. I thought he might have recorded "raindrops" at one point, but I could be wrong on that.
rasputin

Post by rasputin »

It is an interesting question.

It seems to me that Burt's music-- even when extrovert in mood-- still has a modern feel that is very "cool" in the Marshall McLuhan sense of the word... A certain intimacy is almost always present, with only a handful of songs being excepted.

Sinatra was always very "hot" in the McLuhan sense... boisterous and bumptious in his appealingly unique way... and it mightn't have been in his popular image to do songs that were as emotionally real as Burt's...

Burt is really post-Tin Pan Alley in sensibility, though steeped in its lofty songwriting principles. Sinatra, till the day he died, truly belonged to the Golden Age of Tin Pan Alley. His attempts to do rock and post-Dylan pop were always a little stilted, IMHO.

They're kind of apples and oranges, no?
gabba

Post by gabba »

i think the only two songs recorded by Frank are:"close to you" and" wives and lovers"..
i'm a big fan of both artists but i'm not sure they could get along together for a collaboration,because the characters were so different..
bonkersforburt

Post by bonkersforburt »

they had one thing in common: Angie