Elvis and (not) Burt??

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Elvis and (not) Burt??

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Elvis Costello was on TV recently talking about a new talk show he is doing. He'll be interviewing big-name musicians, singers and songwriters. He listed a whole bunch of people that he was having on his show but he never mentioned Burt. I was pretty ticked-off about this. Does anyone know if Burt will be on the show? If not, I can't figure out why.
steveo_1965

Re: Elvis and (not) Burt??

Post by steveo_1965 »

Burt is cyclic in his writing with different partners...if he is not currently writing with Elvis, he probably will again at another time....
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

steveo_1965 wrote:Burt is cyclic in his writing with different partners...if he is not currently writing with Elvis, he probably will again at another time....
No... Elvis is doing a talk show and he's interviewing people in the music business... That's all... so, if Burt is not on this show, I will a) be very unhappy and b) be upset at Elvis for not having Burt on the show. I can't imagine that, after working together on "Painted From Memory" and hearing all the wonderful kudos Elvis gave Burt, Elvis would snub Burt in this way.... provided that, indeed, he is not on the show.
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

I doubt if Elvis would want to snub Burt in a million years. If indeed Burt doesn't appear on the show it will be more to do with the producers and, probably nearer the mark, Burt's availability.
David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

In the interesting notes that accompany the new CD set - "Magic Moments - The Definitive Burt Bacharach Collection", by Elvis Costello, he signs off -

"What us his best song? That could still be the next song that he writes

Elvis Costello 17/09/08

P.S. Burt and I just wrote two more...."
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Thanks for the heads-up on MAGIC MOMENTS. Am dying to read Elvis' new liner notes!! And I'm sure if Elvis' SPECTACLE gets picked up for a second season, Burt will be among the guests! They really are a mutual admiration society!

Joe
Ken Miller

Post by Ken Miller »

What happened to the project that Burt and Elvis were working on for Elvis' wife? I haven't heard anything about that in a long time. Does anyone have any inside info?
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Diana Krall has a new CD slated to appear on February 9, 2009, but no word yet if this is the Burt/Elvis project...if not, I'm very hopeful based on all evidence that it's still in the pipeline. It wouldn't surprise me if it's taking its sweet time -- Burt is a notorious perfectionist, and Elvis is always wearing lots of hats -- talk show host, ballet composer & orchestrator, author, and oh yeah, prolific recording artist. So I'm sure this will be out in due time...but make it quick, guys! :lol: