Comment re Later with Jools Holland

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Rio

Comment re Later with Jools Holland

Post by Rio »

The comment below was probaly posted on the BBC 2 (Radio, I guess) several years ago (2003, maybe). But does anyone know the answer to the question? I would certainly look forward to that showing up on YouTube. I don't think it is Go Ask Shakespeare, because it seems to be an older post.

Does anybody know the name of the 1st track Burt did tonight on Jool's show??? I NEED to get it, It was the coolest, smoothest thing I've heard in absolute moons ...
Pete, rainy north cheshire
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/release/6qhj/
Peter Greenhill

Re: Comment re Later with Jools Holland

Post by Peter Greenhill »

Bacharach appeared on the Jools Holland show in October 2005 to promote 'At This Time". The first song he performed was definitely from that album though I'm not sure which track it was.

Pete
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Rio, Peter,
I seem to think it was "Please Explain" ..........but I could be wrong ??? :?

"blue"
Barry in the UK

Post by Barry in the UK »

Yep it was Please Explain from the At This Time album.

Later in the same show with guest vocalist Rufus Wainwright Burt did Go Ask Shakespeare also from At This Time and finally also with Rufus he did Kentucky Bluebird (Message to Martha). These last two can be seen on You Tube. A search for Bacharach Wainwright will find it. Please Explain does not seem to be there.
Rio

Post by Rio »

Thanks, guys. For the reviews too.

Now, who was that italian who had Burt on his radio program and gave us a preview of Where Did It Go? and Please Explain? I recorded that on a cassete tape (of all media) and listened to those clips so many times before I could get the CD... Burt and that host seemed to get along soooo well. Is there a way of which someone here is already familar to liten to his program through the internet? Do you think he is as nice as he seemed and has a good program? (I'm not taking for that granted the answers to these questions will be forthcoming, but earlier responses raised my hopes...)