Burt to perform, debut new CD on QVC tonight

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Burt to perform, debut new CD on QVC tonight

Post by mark »

Burt's publicist asked me to pass this along...

Burt Bacharach will debut his new CD—his first live CD in 30 years—on QVC tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 7, at 10 p.m. (ET).

Burt Bacharach Live at the Sydney Opera House features 32 songs spanning Bacharach’s career and recorded at the world-famous venue with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.

During the QVC Presents Burt Bacharach QSessions Live broadcast, the Grammy® and Academy Award winner will perform a selection of songs from Burt Bacharach Live at the Sydney Opera House while giving viewers an inside look at the making of the album. Fans will also have the opportunity to purchase the CD with a specially packaged bonus disc, which was created especially for QVC, nearly three weeks before street date.

“As my first live album since Woman, which I released in 1979, it seems fitting for me to debut my latest CD live on QVC,” said Bacharach. “I am excited to be able to perform these songs for QVC’s viewers and really get to the heart of what these songs mean to me and what they have come to mean for my fans. It’s going to be a really fun show, and I hope viewers will interact the way my live audiences around the world do when we perform.”
vincent.cole

Re: Burt to perform, debut new CD on QVC tonight

Post by vincent.cole »

Thanks Mark!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

RED ALER ON 2 CD: For the chidren .....and others

Burt Bacharach Live at the Sydney Opera House

use zoom

bye
ciao
Roberto
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks, Roberto. I just noticed that and put a mention of it on the main page.

The QVC Bonus disc, which I'm assuming is available only through QVC, includes "For The Children," "Fallin' Out Of Love" and "Who'll Speak For Love."

Those songs probably won't mean much to most QVC watchers, but I'm sure a lot of fans here would purchase the set just to have Burt's new song.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Mark, Roberto,
Thank you...........this is indeed wonderful news !!! :D :D :D

Can't wait !
"blue"
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I saw it and it was great! Burt was at the piano (and NO ONE plays like him -- even now!) and he had his singers and musicians there and they performed "Anyone Who Had a Heart", "This Guy's In Love With You", "The Look of Love" (Burt sang some of it) and "What The World Needs Now Is Love". Burt was asked what his favorite song was, and he said that it was just "too hard" to pick one. But then he mentioned "Alfie", and "What The World Needs Now Is Love". He was asked what artists he liked working with most and he said Dionne (of course!), Tom Jones and Dusty (Springfield). He said that Tom Jones was a great guy and that Tom Jones did not want to record "What's New, Pussycat?". Burt went on to say that Tom's manager convinced him to sing the song because he (Tom's manager) felt that "What's New, Pussycat?" was going to be a big movie and that Tom should be associated with it (by singing the title song). Burt said that when he played the song to Tom Jones, it was more of a standard waltz. And then Burt played just a bit of it on the piano. Of course, it was different when it was recorded. Burt said that "What's New, Pussycat?" was the first movie that he scored and that he was nervous about it and was having trouble composing the score and was "way behind". Burt also said that, while he wrote many hits, he also wrote many failures. He then said to the host, "Did you ever hear of 'Underneath the Overpass'? She said, "No." Burt then said, "And you never will. Did you ever hear of 'Peggy's In The Pantry"? She said, "No." Burt then said, "And you never will" (with a chuckle). Burt was being very modest, of course. The host said that we can go to "www.qvc.com" and order the CD there. If you go to "www.qvc.com" and, in the search line, type in "Bacharach", it will come up. For $17.13, you get 2 CDs. One is a "bonus CD" that is just for people who order through QVC. And that bonus CD includes "For The Children" which is totally instrumental (no lyric) was written especially for his appearance at the Sydney Opera House. If it's half as good as "Another Spring Will Rise", then it's gotta be phenomenal. Also included on the bonus CD are "Fallin' Out of Love" and "Who'll Speak for Love?"

Listening to Burt's music -- and with Burt at the piano -- was so great! I can't wait to watch this show all over again!
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Hello,
bad news for Italians fans:

"Hello Mr. Pinardi,

Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry, since QVC does not ship internationally, you cannot place and
order for item number F06325 Burt Bacharach "Live in Sydney" CD w/ Bonus
CD. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for contacting QVC.com.

Kind Regards,
Deanna"
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Bye Roberto :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

That really stinks, Roberto. Well, hopefully, you'll be able to get the CD at a later time. Or, if possible, someone you know in the States can get it for you and ship it to you.

I forgot something above: Burt also mentioned Ron Isley as an artist he enjoyed working with. I remember seeing Ron calling Burt a genius when they both were on the Conan O'Brien show. And that's coming from a man who's been in the music business for 40 or 50 years. He knows what he's talking about. You could see the adulation that Ron has for Burt and Burt's music.
Martyn

QVC CD Sold Out!

Post by Martyn »

Having asked a favour from a good friend in the USA to post my QVC order of the CD set, it seems that the product has already sold out!! Burt's appearance must have done the trick!

Accessing the link in Mark's post takes you to a page which reads, "We are sorry but this product is sold out".

The big question now is whether the CD-set with bonus CD will be available from any other source once it is officially released. My sense of optimism tells me it would have to be but, then again..............

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Martyn.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

It's not sold out!

I'm not quite sure what the problem with, but I think some of the links were wrong. Either that or QVC had a database problem on its end.

In any event, if you click on the links in this thread or on the main page, you should be taken to QVC where you should still be able to purchase the set.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view ... =BBFANSITE

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

EDITED TO ADD: Maybe I spoke too soon. I just updated all the links and tried them and the product was showing up as available. Now, 10 minutes later, the links are showing up as sold out. I'm not sure what the problem is. I sent an email to QVC to try to iron it out. Hopefully, they'll get back to me soon.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello everyone - I too had no luck in ordering the cd - "sold out" and it looks like no international shipping was available anyway. It's surely got to get into the shops - especially if it sold out so quickly from QVC??!!

Further bad news - I couldn't get a ticket for Burt's appearance at the BBC Electric Proms :( I'm just hoping BBC4 will screen the concert - I have enquired but they're not sure of whether it will be aired on tv or radio yet. If it is broadcast on the radio, be sure to tune in online!

What the world need now.....is more of Burt's Live at the Sydney Opera House cds!

Andrew
Martyn

This is Weird

Post by Martyn »

I'm not sure what's going on.

About three hours ago I was able to order the CD set and I'm almost certain I used the link Mark provided above. Yet when I tried it a few moments ago, out of curiosity, I got the 'sold out' message again.

All I can suggest is to keep trying the link or perhaps try to access the relevant page on the QVC site via a Google listing.

Good luck.

Martyn.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Martyn - hope you're well!

Just had another go and, although it showed as in stock this time and allowed me to add to the basket, I was unable to register as there was no option for non-US addresses.

PS -Wispas have recently been re-released over here for a limited period only! :wink:
Rio

Post by Rio »

If anyone knows of how we could use the net to watch the QVC program, please tell us.
oldieslover

Post by oldieslover »

I've received the new CD from QVC and it is wonderful. Especially great was Burt's rendition of "Alfie"...so poignant, it brings tears to my eyes. It' s funny that here is a song that I've heard thousands of times by many artists but I never FELT it until I heard Burt Bachrach singing it. I hope all Burt Bachrach lovers can get this CD.