rare sheet music

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Errand of Mercy

rare sheet music

Post by Errand of Mercy »

Hello All,

IIRC I last posted here in the late 90's or (very) early 00's: I'm glad to be back, and pardon my english!

I'd like to know if the sheet music for The Last One To Be Loved, Walk The Way You Talk or Hasbrook Heights has ever been published (individual sheet &/or in songbooks).

So many Bacharach titles have been available - including early 60's obscurities co-penned by Hal David, Bob Hilliard or Norman Gimbel ("Something Bad", "More Time To Be With You", "Move Over And Make Room For Me" come to mind), I find it strange that the aforementioned "semi-classics" are nowhere to be found. Am I wrong?

Many thanks in advance

The Errand of Mercy
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: rare sheet music

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I know that Hasbrook Heights has been published. I'd love those other two.
Errand of Mercy

Belated update to my own request. I have the sheet music for Hasbrook Heights, now that I've found the Bible of all Bacharach songbooks, AMSCO's 1978 'Bacharach & David"....360 pages!
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Walk On By has been available since 1964 in sheet music form....
Most of Burt's great hits from the 60s are in a book called "40 golden songs" published in about 1970.
The obscure stuff is a lot harder to find....

Steveo
An Enormous BB Fan

At This Time

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I'm still YEARNING for the sheet music for Burt's "At This Time" CD! Just for "Danger" alone. What a brilliant composition that is.

I'd also kill for "Another Spring Will Rise." Only Burt could compose music like that.
Errand of Mercy

Re: At This Time

An Enormous BB Fan wrote: I'd also kill for "Another Spring Will Rise."
I guess the second half of the 70's was a dark age for Burt's published sheet music.

The aforementioned 1978 songbook I recently found includes "I Took My Strength From You" and "No One Remembers My Name", both published in 1975. The post-David, pre-Carole Bayer stuff (1975-1980) is hard to find.
For instance, there is no evidence that piano/vocal songbooks for the "Futures", "Woman" or "Together?" albums were published at the time.