Burt Bacharach Beethoven

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

adelmovanuchi

Burt Bacharach Beethoven

Post by adelmovanuchi »

Hi, everybody..
someone know a television program of about 1972~1973 where Burt Bacharach talks with Ludwig von Beethoven, performed by Peter Ustinov, and plays musics of both...

(sorry about my english, I'm not american)

I think the name was Burt Bacharach Beethoven..

if someone knows it, please, send me an e-mail, i need to know where I can find it,,

thanks..
ferper

Opus 3

Post by ferper »

The program was called "Opus No. 3" and had Gilbert O'Sullivan, Bette Midler and Stevie Wonder as musical guests. Peter Ustinov appeared as Beethoven.

Here is some info from my site with some screenshots:
http://www.soundtrackfan.com/livescores ... -opus3.htm

I recently bought that DVD from iOffer. Just do a search for "bacharach" and find the offer with two shows from 1973.

But be warned, there is no official release of this show, so this was taken from TV at that time. It is watchable but don't expect miracles. (I am referring to the version that I bought from iOffer, I hope there is a better quality version out there, I just haven't found it.)

Good luck!
Fernando
I'll say a little prayer 24 hours from Tulsa
https://www.soundtracks4ever.com/livesc ... harach.htm
alfalfa59

I already posted about this...

Post by alfalfa59 »

I have already asked about this but here I go again:

I am hoping I can get some help in sorting something out. Can anyone give the exact dates to Burt's 1973 Opus # 3 special with Bette Midler, Gilbert O'Sullivan and Stevie Wonder? I have a date of February 28, 1973, but I am presuming that was the air date as Bette was touring the U. S during this period. Unless of course, she left a couple of days open for the tour to go to England for the taping. I am looking for the actual taping date.

I also wanted to know if there are any interviews or songs done by any of the performers on this show that didn't make the actual broadcast. If so, does any audio / video still exist?

A photo exists of Gilbert O'Sullivan, Bette Midler and Burt Bacharach sitting at the piano in the studio. I am presuming this was taken during the taping of the show and during Gilbert's segment. Do any other in studio shots exists besides this one?

Many thanks,

Tom
alfalfa59

Re: Burt Bacharach Beethoven

Post by alfalfa59 »

Happy 80th!
adelmovanuchi

Re: Burt Bacharach Beethoven

Post by adelmovanuchi »

thanks for your reply, I'll look after..