CD with rare Bacharach tracks

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

grooverider

CD with rare Bacharach tracks

Post by grooverider »

While reading the latest issue of "Record Collector" (Jan 2008), at the very end of the magazine is an article that tells us Bacharach fans of an exciting double CD in the making. Bob Stanley (a member of the great group, St. Etienne) has reactivated the import label, "Eclipse." One of the upcoming releases is a double CD of older Bacharach tracks. Mr. Stanley got the idea from reading Serene Dominic's wonderful book, "Burt Bacharach: Song by Song." Included will be tracks like Peggy March's "Try To See It My Way" and Phil
Colbert's "Who's Got The Action."

Mr. Stanley is looking for 9 songs missing from Universal's vaults and has asked the public for help in locating them:
Gale Storm's "Winter Warm"
The Four Aces' "Paradise Island"
Rosemary June's "Your Lips Are Warmer Than Your Heart"
Steve Alaimo's "A Lifetime of Loneliness"
Steve Lawrence's "Loving Is A Way of Living"
Marv Johnson's "Everyone Who's Been In Love With You"
Burt Bacharach's "And So Goodbye My Love"
Jack Jones' "That's the Way I'll Come to You"
Pat Boone's "Say Goodbye"

Mr. Stanley is appealing to the public for copies of any of these songs and says to contact him via Record Collector magazine and that you will receive "a credit of the finished artwork and a signed copy of the finished album."

The 40 track double CD is entitled, "Paradise Island: Lost Bacharach" and if those missing tracks are found, the CD should be out in March of '08, which can't come soon enough!

Incidentally, the track "And So Goodbye My Love" is available on the spectacular Hip-O Select collection, "Something Big".
Last edited by grooverider on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Thanks, grooverider, for the heads-up! As I have 8 of the 9 songs in my collection, I've shot an email to RC and hopefully they will follow up with Bob Stanley. How wonderful it would be to have a legitimate CD reissue of these lost Bacharach gems! (And if anybody has a copy of "Your Lips Are Warmer Than Your Heart", please let this forum -- and of course, Bob Stanley -- know!) :-)
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Dear nymusicalsguy, Wow, thank you for your quick response and I'm sure Bob Stanley will be thrilled to get those missing tracks so he can get the CD finished. It does seem that the Rosemary June track is quite rare, but someone out there must have it!

For many of us, thank you for your generosity.
DHS

Post by DHS »

i cant find any information about this CD besides what you've said. and its past march already. any more info on this? i would love get my hands on it.
Errand of Mercy

Post by Errand of Mercy »

Who's Got The Action is one of my favorite Bacharach obscurities based on the sheet music alone...and I've never heard a single recording!
Can't wait
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Errand of Mercy wrote:Who's Got The Action is one of my favorite Bacharach obscurities based on the sheet music alone...and I've never heard a single recording!
Can't wait
So where did you get the sheet music for that song? That's amazing. I have a ton of Burt's sheet music but I never came across that one. But I know what you mean about liking the song just from the sheet music even before you hear the song. I've had a few like that. "If You Never Say Goodbye" comes to mind.
Errand of Mercy

Post by Errand of Mercy »

Enormous,

"Who's Got The Action", to my knowledge, was never included in an anthology. What's sure is that it is not in the early 70's "Burt Bacharach Anthology" that included so many rarities by Bob Hilliard, Hal David and Norman Gimbel.
What I have is a photocopy of the individual sheet (Colbert is on the cover), that was given by a friend of mine a few years ago.

My turn now :wink: so ...where did you get the sheet music for If You Never Say Goodbye ?
Maybe a Dionne songbook?
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Dear DHS, No, I have not heard of any additional info concerning a release date for this CD. I looked over the latest edition of "Record Collector" and no info in this latest issue that I could see. If I hear or read of any info I'll pass it along here, ASAP. Art