Burt playing and singing a medley

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Werner

Burt playing and singing a medley

Post by Werner »

i found this great video on youtube, i dont know if it is mentioned before. It is burt playing and singing a medley of his own songs. I always love it when Burt sings his own songs! Who has got other recordings of Burt singing his own songs, besides his official solo-work and the lost horizon tracks?! please email me:
wernerduursma@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Werner.

helcio mazzuco

great video

Post by helcio mazzuco »

Thank you Werner for posting this great video !
It's funny cause a couple of weeks ago I watched another segment of the same show...Herb Alpert introducing Sergio Mendes & Brazil'66 and Herb mentioned Burt at the end of Segio's performance...and I wondered if someone would post the sequence...and there it is !
Take care,
Helcio
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

Dear Werner, Thank you, thank you for such an enjoyable video! Wow, to see and hear one of my favorite guitarists, Wes Montgomery in a duet with Liza Minnelli was almost more than my heart could take. Just to see and hear Wes Montgomery (who left us way too early) absolutely made my day. The rest of the video was great, I just wish it the artists sang and played more than just a few minutes of each of their featured songs, you can't get too much of a good thing. Many thanks!
blueonblue

Thank You !!!!!

Post by blueonblue »

Werner.....A Million Thanks !!!
This is one of the best Bacharach "clips" I've ever seen on "youtube" !!!
..............nothing more to say.

"blue"
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Wow! Brings back such memories for me! Thanks so much!

Youtube is the greatest thing ever! (I mean besides Burt, of course!)
vincent.cole

Reply: Werner

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Werner;

Great, great clips! I believe this show was from. "The Hollywood Palace" In 1967.

Herb Albert starts the show off with, "Just A Little Help From My Friends", on the horn! 8)
Take care;

Vincent