Mexican Divorce by Nicolette Larson

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BachtoBacharach

Mexican Divorce by Nicolette Larson

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Here is the great song that brought Burt, Hal and Dionne together in 1961, Mexican Divorce by the Drifters:

An interesting seventies interpretation of Mexican Divorce, from Nicolette Larson:

grooverider

Post by grooverider »

An amazing presence, a one of a kind voice and someone who sang her heart out, Nicolette Larson is still singing frequently from my speakers. She also sang, magnificently, on the Burt Bacharach - Carole Bayer Sager song, "Fool Me Again" for the "Arthur" soundtrack. I wonder what an entire Burt Bacharach album would have been like, recorded by Ms. Larson? I can almost hear her sing "God Give Me Strength"....
Dennis Webb

Nicolette Larsen

Post by Dennis Webb »

From the first time I heard "Fool Me Again" I just thought she was a terrific interpreter of BB. I looked around to see if she had recorded any other BB/HD songs but never found any (until "Mexican Divorce" right here). She certainly does have a one-of-a-kind voice. I wish BB had gotten her into the studio for an album.
Rio

Post by Rio »

I always liked this following song very much.

(It´s Gonna Take) A Lotta Love