someone lipsyncing a song from THe Lost Horizon

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

hereiam

someone lipsyncing a song from THe Lost Horizon

Post by hereiam »

THis video maybe silly

but for their effort :-)
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

haha I enjoyed the video.it's cute..
One thing that strikes me as I watch is the Quality of the audio recording and the fantastic arrangement by Burt B. and Jack Hayes...
It's astounding...how they worked up the material into a collosal emotional
experience!
KeithBurke

Post by KeithBurke »

The only thing funnier than this video is the version which has Olivia Hussey and Sally Kellermen romping around a library lipsynching the same song in quasi-Nehru garb. The main difference is the chaps from Amsterdam who posted this probably spent a total of 12.99 to make their version while the aforementioned version cost in excess of 7 million dollars. Ouch.

hereiam

lipsyncing

Post by hereiam »

Ah, Sally Kellerman sang in her own voice
whereas Olivia lipsynced.

BTW, i like Kellerman's voice (sexy )
and her look was even sexier.

bye
KeithBurke

Post by KeithBurke »

Of course, Miss Kellerman did her own singing in Lost Horizon (there is only ONE voice like that). And of course, we all know the wonderful Andrea Willis provided the vocals for Miss Hussey.
Neither Miss Kellerman nor Miss Hussey/Miss Willis did their vocals “liveâ€￾ during filming. All vocals on the production were pre-recorded (either by the actor or the voice "stand in“) and lip-synched during filming (a very common practice called "play back"). So technically Miss Kellerman did do her own singing but she also lip-synched her own vocals. Providing one's own vocals and lip-synching are not mutually exclusive. But, you knew that I am sure.
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

This is so great, how fun! Thanks for passing it along, it really brightened up my day.