2007 Tour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bernie

2007 Tour

Post by Bernie »

Any information on Burt's 2007 tour schedule. So far, he only has one performance in Southern California, in L.A. in February, and it's billed as an intimate evening with a "string" section. Does anyone have details on this? I really, really, really, really, want to see Burt perform with a full orchestra and I thought that the February show with the LA Philharmonic would be the ticket. Does anyone here have information on his 2007 Southern California shows?
grooverider

re: BB concert

Post by grooverider »

Hi Bernie,
The info I have is that Burt Bacharch will be performing at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Feb. 25th at 7:30 with no intermission. He will be performing with a "few" select string players from the LA Philharmonic Orchestra and NOT with the full LA Philharmonic Orchestra. I understand that there are still tickets available for that performance. This info was given to me by the ticket office at Disney Hall.
Art
Bernie

2007 Tour

Post by Bernie »

Art,

Thank you for the info. Don't you think this is somewhat unusual for Burt, whose music contains so much instrumentals? My husband wants to buy Burt tickets for my combination birthday and valentines day gift (my request) because I thought he would be performing with the L.A. Philharmonic. So, what I'm really trying to find out, is, when and where will Burt be performing with a full orchestra? If anyone knows the answer to this, PLEASE let me know!
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

Bernie, Pity you missed the HOuston concert. Burt played with and conducted the full Houston Symphony Orchestra. It was terrific.
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Sorry - deleted

Alistair