music clips from The Lost Horizon

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

hereiam

music clips from The Lost Horizon

Post by hereiam »

Since there's no dvd out yet.
I got hold of the laser disc and extract songs from
it into short video clips. The sound quality is not good at all
. So if you could bear with them, watch them in YOUTUBE.

Where Knowledge Ends

I Come To You

Question me an answer

I Might frigten her away

Things I will not miss

If I Could Go back

Living together

The world is a circle

Share The Joy

Title song
gabba

Post by gabba »

jeeez!!if i could go back it's absolutely a stunning piece of music...listen to Burt in the first bars what he does with the piano.!!..bye the way Peter Finch was quite an accomplished singer in his youth..but the production choosed another one...you can see the voice of the guy is too young to overdub a man in his fifties as Finch does in the picture!
anyway the only person whi's singing for real is Sally Kellerman who performs in my opinion the best song of the score..
thank you
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

gabba wrote:jeeez!!if i could go back it's absolutely a stunning piece of music...listen to Burt in the first bars what he does with the piano.!!..bye the way Peter Finch was quite an accomplished singer in his youth..but the production choosed another one...you can see the voice of the guy is too young to overdub a man in his fifties as Finch does in the picture!
anyway the only person whi's singing for real is Sally Kellerman who performs in my opinion the best song of the score..
thank you
Burt's piano playing has always astounded me. He plays in his own unique and genius way. I think it's this same genius that allows him to orchestrate his music in a genius way also. It will never happen, but I would love nothing more than for Burt to come out with him playing his songs with just him at the piano and his orchestra backing him up. Just think of how Burt did "Bond Street", for example. Imagine a whole CD of things like that!

And thanks, hereiam, for putting these songs on youtube!
MissYvonne

Post by MissYvonne »

Yes, thank you so much! I lost the soundtrack years ago (my boyfriend ran off with my amazing vinyl collection), and it was wonderful hearing an old friend again. Can't wait until that DVD comes out.
punkinhead

Post by punkinhead »

is the dvd comming soon?