Other Singers

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Hank

Other Singers

Post by Hank »

I remember a while ago someone mentioned a song by "A girl called Eddie". I was tempted, bought the album and thoroughly enjoyed it. Does anyone have any other suggestions ?
I recommend that you try Richard Hawley. Try a sample of the song Cole's Corner at I-tunes. Like Girl Called Eddie, I'm not exactly sure what the link is to Burt but I have a feeling many of you will like it.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Chiara Civello's "Last Quarter Moon"

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Some time ago I posted an article about a new found Bacharach composition entitled "Trouble" which was co-written by Chiara Civello and is a beautiful ballad which has Burt's unmistakeable melodies and rhythm notations all through the song. Chiara's most recent work is a re-working of a Marvin Gaye song off of Jason Miles' CD entitled "What's Going On?". I find myself listening to Chiara's "Last Quarter Moon" and the "A Girl Called Eddy" (which has undertones of Burt's style) quite frequently. Hope everyone gets a chance to hear these CD's! Bruce.
Hank

Thanks

Post by Hank »

Thanks for the reminder about Trouble. I went to download it before I realised I had already done so at your suggestion a few months back. I wasn't that into it then but I've now played it a few times and it's growing on me.