Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by blueonblue »

Paul,
Thank you for another great find very Bacharachian....with shades of Dionne. :)

'blue'
pljms

Post by pljms »

Blue, yes it's a beautiful track and shows a side to Led Zeppelin's bassist that most people wouldn't have known existed. Of course John Paul Jones along with another future member of Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Page, played on sessions for Burt's 'Hitmaker' album in 1965.

I hadn't realised until recently that Madeline Bell covered a song in 1967 that was originally recorded by Dee Dee Warwick and which went on to be a hit for The Supremes with The Temptations, one of the earliest collaborations by the songwriting and production team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff.
Paul
pljms

Post by pljms »

Apparently blue-eyed soul merchant and former Doobie Brother Michael McDonald has been performing since his mid-teens and in 1968 at the age of 16 he made a recording of 'There's Always Something There To Remind Me'. Although he sounds remarkably mature and soulful for someone so young, he's not yet singing in the high tenor range that was later to make his voice so distinctive and instantly recognisable. Little would he have known then that eighteen years later he'd have a US no.1 record (with Patti Labelle) with another Bacharach song.
Paul
pljms

Post by pljms »

Michael McDonald duetting with Donna Taylor on 'On My Own', with Bacharach playing the piano.
Paul