A medley I did with friends

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

LLD

A medley I did with friends

Post by LLD »

Hello,
I wanted to share here a medley I just did with my wife and friends. We are french people loving Burt Bacharach with all our hearts, he's one of our favorite composers ever. We wanted to pay this small tribute to him. We are not professionals and there are some imperfections but that's what we could do with our time constraint ! I hope you will like it.

pljms

Re: A medley I did with friends

Post by pljms »

Thanks for sharing. There were one or two interesting selections in that medley and I really enjoyed the relaxed and informal vibe. I spent a lot of time in France in the 1980s and early 90s and got the impression, rightly or wrongly, that Bacharach's name wasn't particularly well known over there.
Paul
LLD

Post by LLD »

Thanks ! You are right. For the same reason (I guess) neither were the Carpenters (which we love too).
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

LLD:

Obviously done with a sincere love of Burt's music. ... I truly enjoyed it! ... I do my own interpretations of his music while I'm in the shower; however, I promise to never record and impose them on the forum members. ... On the other hand - the four of you hit all the right notes which Burt would truly appreciate.

Thanks for sharing and I'll look forward to you posting another of your informal sessions! ... Loved it!

Ron
LLD

Post by LLD »

Thanks so much for your kind comment ! I wouldn't dare to say we hit all the right notes (there are some pretty bad ones 😅) but we hit enough to be proud of it, for one week of amateur work :)