Carole King article and other tributes to Bacharach

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Re: Carole King article and other tributes to Bacharach

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I don`t recall the pseudonym she used, but another contributor linked it (in a way I`ve also forgotten) to Carole. That pseudonymous writer never posted again.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

One of my biggest regrets about this site (and I've got lots!) is that I didn't figure out a way to save the content of the old server.com discussion board (ie the pre-phpBB version). While there was a ridiculous amount of drama and anonymous sniping in those early days (remember Vil Santos?), there was also incredible passion and an abundance of information at a time when news and facts about Burt wasn't easy to find. I kind of date the start of Burt's "comeback" to his recording of "God Give Me Strength" back in 1996, and that's right around the time the first discussion board started.

You can use the Wayback Machine to see some of the old discussion topics, but sadly it appears none of the actually comments are preserved.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010701000 ... 23541.html
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

The "Carole Incident" was no longer than between seven and ten years ago, but I can`t think of a clue as to how to search for it.