Dionne's Upcoming Album

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

Dionne's Upcoming Album

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

In listening to Dolly and Dionne's new duet "Peace Like A River" from Dionne's forthcoming album "Songs of Inspiration", I couldn't help but marvel at how good the both of their voices sounded and blended together, given that both are in their eighties! The lyrics speak for themselves but their voices make them indelible. Kirk Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, and others will join Dionne on this latest effort. Also, Damon's production of this shows a vast improvement over his production of "She's Back!" some years ago. Dionne's voice sounds as if she's given up smoking, again, and has gotten plenty of rest. Dionne never ceases to amaze me, after 61 years of constant recordings and stage performances.
Sara D

Re: Dionne's Upcoming Album

Post by Sara D »

Bruce Bernard Williams wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:54 am In listening to Dolly and Dionne's new duet "Peace Like A River" from Dionne's forthcoming album "Songs of Inspiration", I couldn't help but marvel at how good the both of their voices sounded and blended together, given that both are in their eighties!
I can't imagine that Dolly Parton ever visits this forum but if she did I think she'd be surprised and possibly a little dismayed to find herself described as being in her eighties when in fact she's only seventy-seven!
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: Dionne's Upcoming Album

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Oops! Thank you Sara for fact-checking me. My apologies to Ms. Parton whom I love and admire. Anyway, her "World on Fire" is on fire! Speaking of age, I'll turn 73 Aug. 13th but since I always hung out with the upper classmen in school and people older than myself, I've been told that I get around pretty good for almost turning 80. A co-worker and I were talking about Dionne just the other day and she was commenting on Dionne & Isaac's "A Man and a Woman" concert and that she was invited to sit at the table with Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee and how wonderful the concert was. Then she said "It's hard to believe that Dionne's pushing 90". Well, then, Petula must be closing in on 100, even though she's only 90.