Blast from the past

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Blast from the past

Post by mark »

Whenever I have to re-learn how to update the software on the site, it sends me down a rabbit hole trying to recall the history and various incarnations of the discussion forum. I wish I'd archived the original discussion forum because it was an absolute goldmine of information back in the day (as well as a goldmine of drama). Archive.org's Wayback Machine has some snapshots of the forum in the early days. Unfortunately, it doesn't include the content of posts, but you can see topics and usernames, which brought back a lot of memories. Click on the link below and then click around the timeline at the top to see captures of the first page at various times.

https://web.archive.org/web/19991003051 ... 23541.html

Let me know if you recognize any familiar names :)
Sara D

Re: Blast from the past

Post by Sara D »

Yes Mark, for me at least Stefan Wesley's name is the most conspicuous. Sadly both he and his famous Hitmaker Archive site have long since disappeared.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Stefan is still around! I'm friends with him on Facebook and enjoy seeing photos of his lovely famly and life in Sweden.

With a few clicks, I noticed the late, great Vincent Cole, Alec Cumming, Steve Owen, Martin Edwards, Dennis Webb, Harry Neyhart,Roberto Pinardi, David Noble, Davide Bonori, Alvina, An Enormous BB Fan, BCelerant, David Lincoln Brooks, Westgate, Bill Minnick and the notorious Vil Santos among many others. Quite a motley crew.
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

Mark, when I said that Stefan Wesley had "disappeared" I didn't mean to imply that he'd, you know, disappeared from this world only that he was no longer conspicuous online. Certainly his Hitmaker Archive, the site that catalogued every known recording of Bacharach's songs, seems to have vanished without trace.