Woman

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Woman

Post by Marcel »

The 2nd of November this year it was 40 yrs ago that the album Woman was produced.
The album was far away ahead in the style that Burt was.
Todat the album seems for me timeless. Timeless because of it`s style the way only Burt could do!
Unique in a very wide scale of performance. Burt really knows how to guide the orchestrations and brings it alive with great musicians.
Such a gifted composer and arranger and also a great pianist, Burt knows how to write a good composition! Burt chapeau with this timeless album!
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Woman

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Woman has been my favorite album of Bacharach`s since my first hearing.
And you`re right, Marcel: it still "works."
Naturally, it tanked commercially and (equally naturally) Burt nailed it as "a failure" in consequence.
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Great! Masterpiece!

blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Interesting little ditty......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYDbE2IY69I

"blue"
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Is Riverboat on this album? Truly exceptional song, totally evocative of the atmosphere and heat. Music turning into art.
Think La Costa by Natalie Cole.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

nowmedical wrote:Is Riverboat on this album? Truly exceptional song, totally evocative of the atmosphere and heat. Music turning into art.
Think La Costa by Natalie Cole.
Indeed it is......with Libby Titus on vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znv7wes8HvU

'blue'
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I am ignorant of which corporate entity now owns the rights to the old A&M catalogue, but I have a couple of suggestions for whichever it is:
1. A re-issue of Woman including any unreleased instrumentals as well as the three other Bacharach / Titus songs, "Amnesia", "Chicago Farewell", and "Single Girl."

2. A decades - overdue boxed set of Sergio Mendes & Brasil `66 / `77 featuring the many unreleased recordings for those albums.

The "vaults" of this label have been criminally neglected.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I am ignorant of which corporate entity now owns the rights to the old A&M catalogue, but I have a couple of suggestions for whichever it is:
1. A re-issue of Woman including any unreleased instrumentals as well as the three other Bacharach / Titus songs, "Amnesia", "Chicago Farewell", and "Single Girl."

2. A decades - overdue boxed set of Sergio Mendes & Brasil `66 / `77 featuring the many unreleased recordings for those albums.

The "vaults" of this label have been criminally neglected.
And a vocal version of the Bacharach / Newley song 'The Dancing Fool'...if one actually exists ?

'blue'