R.I.P. ... Vincent Cole

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

R.I.P. ... Vincent Cole

Post by ron hertel »

... My friend and one of Burt's most devoted admirers passed away last week. ... Vincent Cole posted 788 times since joining this Forum in 2004. ... He would travel around the country to attend Burt Bacharach Concerts. He had scheduled a trip with his wife to join me and my wife for Burt's August 3rd Concert here in San Diego. ... Failing health precluded him from making the trip. ... He flew out from his east coast home several times over the years and he really enjoyed seeing Burt perform with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra. ... Vincent was also a fan of Burt's 3 concert vocalists: Josie James, John Pagano and Donna Taylor. ... He was also friends with Sue Main from Burt's management team who would routinely arrange for Vincent to meet with Burt and members of his entourage following their performances. ... I spoke with his wife Cheryl today and she assured me that Vincent would be pleased to have me share this with all of you! ... I will truly miss him!

Ron
steveo_1965

Re: R.I.P. ... Vincent Cole

Post by steveo_1965 »

wow...this is shocking! Vincent and I often communicated by text, and a couple of times by phone...
Im wishing the best for his wife Cheryl and the family...this is sad news, indeed!
gabba

Post by gabba »

Poor Guy.i am extremely sad .Vincent was a nice man and a sincere fan of Burt.me too i had the chnace to speak with him a couple of Times at the phone and also chatting on FB.all my condolences to the family.may he Rest in peace
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Very sad news.
Always present in the forum, great promoter and enthusiast of
Burt Bacharach.
A great loss.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

This is shocking news, Vincent and I chatted many times over the phone about Burt, he was a great concert goer and a very kind man and a dear friend, I'm devastated to hear this.
My thoughts are with his wife Cheryl, family and friends.

RIP Vincent,I'll miss you....mon ami.

'blue'
Last edited by blueonblue on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gabba

Post by gabba »

Burt and Vincent few years ago...
Attachments
Burt and Vincent
Burt and Vincent
IMG_6055.JPG (38.22 KiB) Viewed 22833 times
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Although I never directly communicated to Vincent, I felt as though I knew him because of many posts about the maestro and his music. He was ever so gracious in sharing his insight with the rest of us here on the Forum. My condolences go to Cheryl, family, and his friends and associates here on the Forum. Reposez en paix, mon ami!
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

A constant and enthusiastic presence here for many years, Vincent will be missed.
I can only add my condolences to his family.
pljms

Post by pljms »

Full of old-school courtesy, his posts on this forum were always so positive and generous. He'll be sadly missed.
Paul
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I too am very sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to his family.

Vincent and I corresponded for many years personally and via the forum topics. We also exchanged rare TV footage and recordings of Burt's.

We were going to meet up in Charlotte a couple of years back when I was planning a visit to the US. Unfortunately the timings of my trip were such that I couldn't make it work.

He will most definitely be missed for his commentary, his knowledge of Burt's music and the charming way in which he addressed everyone.

Take care Vincent, mon ami!

Martyn
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

While he would often share in our joy by responding when someone posted a positive review of one of Bacharach's shows, he would also be moved to comment when he thought someone had stepped out of line or had been mean-spirited in their opinions. He just came across as a lovely man and his presence is going to be sorely missed on this forum.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Oh, this is just horrible, horrible news. Vincent was one of the finest, generous and most wonderful person I have ever known. Vincent and I played golf together on various occasions and it was always a distinct pleasure being in his company. And needless to say, Burt's music was ALWAYS playing in his car. It was our love of Burt's music that brought us together. Believe me, the world is worse off now without Vincent in it. This is the worst part about getting older -- losing dear friends.

And, Cheryl, I'm thinking of you and my heart goes out to you and your family and friends.
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

R.I.P Vincent Cole. My condolences to his wife and family.

Marcel
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

A bit late, but adding my own voice to the chorus of condolences for Vincent Cole. Though we only communicated over this forum, he seemed such a kind person...the type we so desperately need more of right now.

Rest in Eternal Peace, Good Sir.
bonkersforburt

Post by bonkersforburt »

Very sad news....we made friends here and then met up at shows all over the east coast...with Cheryl and my kids rolling their eyes behind us! Vincent was a super fan and his enthusiasm was contagious. Meeting up with fellow fans was always part of the excitement of going to a concert. The backstage experience was a real privilege that we never took for granted. It will not ever be that way again...what precious memories. Thank you Vincent.