Sorry!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Sorry!

Post by mark »

Apologies for all the spam. I've been busy the past few days and hadn't visited the forum. I've temporarily suspended new registrations while I mull our options. In the meantime, if anyone wants to be a moderator--that is, have the abilty to delete spam posts--please contact me! I'd also welcome a co-webmaster if anyone is interested in updating the site's blog. It's a really simple process and quite fun if you have the time, which apparently I don't. :(
Djalma Junior

Re: Sorry!

Post by Djalma Junior »

Hi mark!

Your decision to suspend new registrations was providential.
I remain at your disposal to exclude Spam messages, I haven't removed them since 10/07/2017 because as soon as I removed them new topics were opened by the robot "b a i d u - s p i d e r" which is an authentic pest.

Regards,
Djalma Jr
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks for everything you've done and sorry about all the trouble. Unless you know better than I, however, I don't think Baidu Spider is the originator of all the spam accounts. Baidu is essentially the Google of China. Its robot just visits pages and logs their content for its search engine. There are other nefarious robots that prey on phpBB sites. They've either figured out a way to bypass the anti-spam questions or somebody figures it out and programs the robot to answer the question correctly. I honestly don't know how they do it. I'm looking into elevating your permissions to admin status. The quickest way to clean up the board I've found is to simply delete the user and all his posts. Banning doesn't do much good because they'll just re-register with a different URL or email address. I'm going to do a little more research and hopefully come up with at least a temporary solution.
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Mark, thanks for your information and I'm always available to assist you.

Between 23rd and 30th July I'll be out because of vacations.

Sincerely,
Djalma Jr